Saturday, August 3, 2013

The President Said What?

May 10, 2012

In my wildest dreams I never thought I would live to see a day when our nation was being led by a black president who openly supports marriage equality -- but I am sure glad I did! THANK YOU President Obama! (and thanks Vice President Biden for helping force the issue!)

For the first time in history, a president of the United States is openly supporting gay marriage. The tide is turning. Despite what just happened in North Carolina (and even though 30 states still ban gay marriage) I feel pretty confident that (as was the case with other civil and human rights issues) the voices of the growing majority will eventually win out over the ignorant, bigoted, hateful right-wing nut jobs who currently (and unfortunately) wield a disproportionate amount of power and influence in many parts of our nation. Their days are numbered. It is unfortunate, though, that so many people have to suffer in the meantime. 

Now let's all do what we can to ensure Obama serves a second term! 

No comments:

Post a Comment